Right To Buy
Have you got bad credit or are you struggling to find the right lender for you? We can help! Get in contact with us to find out how we can help you take your first steps on the property ladder
Contact us today!
Call: 07538 239 308
What is Right to Buy?
If you have been a council tenant for more than 3 years or were living in your home when the council transferred it to another landlord, you may be eligible to buy your home at a discount under the Right to Buy scheme.
Right to Buy is here to help council and housing association tenants like you who are interested in understanding and taking up your Right to Buy your home.
The service offers free and impartial advice on Right to Buy and, if you decide home ownership is the right choice for you, we can also help you through the process of buying your home.
We can help you with:
- finding out if you are eligible
- working out your discount
- guidance about the costs involved
- completing your application form
- Finding you a mortgage
- Getting you the best and quickest solicitor
- Helping you with any works to improve your home to add value to it
What are the discounts?
Right To Buy offers a maximum discount of:
£84,200 across England, except in London boroughs where it’s £112,300.
This amount will increase each year in April in line with the consumer price index (CPI).
The discount is based on:
- How long you’ve been a tenant with a public sector landlord
- The type of property you’re buying – a flat or house
- The value of your home
Following a consultation we will be able to put together a plan to help you maximise this discount.